Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Food!!

Well today is the second day. I was actually nervous today, as to how many would have come across my blog. To be honest, i was pleasantly surprised. there were ten visitors to my profile.
Later i found out that even my visits are counted and every time i came to my profile to see the number of visits, that was also counted!!!

Today i want to talk about food. Just so you know, i have been self cooking for the last three months of my life, and for this reason i am glad that i had spent five years in hostels. we normally don't cook in the hostels and when i used to visit home for vacations, i was prohibited to enter the kitchen. My loving amma was a house-wife (now she is working, to avoid being alone at home!), so she was there to cook all that i wanted. It is not as bad as it sounds. I don't eat a lot, just normal rice, sambar, rasam will do for me. Ok, coming back to what i was telling, when i landed here in sydney all i knew about cooking was to make a cup of coffee.

Do you remember the times when we used to find fault in the food our mother cooks? "there is no salt in this!", "this is over-cooked", "you never cook that, you always cook what akka wants!". All these came to haunt me the first time i stepped into the kitchen to cook a dinner, and needless to say, i burnt my roti.

But now i can say, i am better at cooking than many bachelors, thanks to the lifeless tongue! (an ever-lasting parting gift from five years hostel life!!)

should I say, visit again? or is that understood??