Tuesday, February 3, 2009

playing

After I finished my bachelors, I haven't been physically active. In IIT we were introduced to the wonderful world of internet and LAN networks. Till then I had watched around 50 hollywood movies in all my life. But in the two years in IIT, I would have watched more than 200 movies easily. And that clearly broke all my love for playing games. I stopped playing.

But things did change in the second year, there was a TT board in our hostel and we started playing every evening for an hour. And then I came to sydney. The first year in sydney was worse again. Stopped playing all kinds of games, no physical workout.

I have revamped my schedule now. I have been regularly jogging for nearly 3.5 kms every weekday morning for the last 4 months. I walk 20kms every week. And add to that, I recently bought a TT board and we play there atleast once a week. But the highpoint is the last two days. I played 2 hrs TT last night against a Chinese guy. And I wasn't that bad. We were on a top-spin battle. He was giving me vicious spinners with a lot of bounce and I was giving them back to him. It was nice fun. And today I played badminton after 4 yrs, and I have still got it... I still suck at it...